2010 Chile earthquake/Mapping Coordination
The table below contains 2 March 2010 information from ONEMI about what locales should be considered highest priority for OSM work. Places are ordered by priority, top priority first.
Values and Links in the table
- Place → OSM page for the location, containing Template:Place as the primary content.
- Priority Coord → This was provided by ONEMI; the link leads to a view in Potlatch.
- OSM Trace Matrix → Using the same coordinates, the link leads to OSM Trace Matrix centered on the coordinates.
- This link provides a .gpx-format OSM-matrix file for visualisation of the matrix in JOSM.
- Quality Checks → this is to indicate the status of OSM data as reported by a variety of QC resources
- For Keep Right!, see link on each of the individual place pages
- Imagery coverage → all locations are covered by Landsat imagery
|Place||Priority Coord||OSM Trace Matrix||Quality Checks||Imagery coverage|
||-35.33523, -72.40964||Keep Right! — OK||Eros-B|
||-36.54807, -72.93464||Keep Right! — OK|
||-36.6146, -72.95417||Keep Right! — OK||RapidEye (southern margin)|
||-36.71731, -73.12208||Keep Right! — OK||G-MOSAIC; RapidEye (potentially)|
||-34.4085, -72.01315||Keep Right! — needs attention|
||-33.61521, -71.61046||Keep Right! — needs attention|
||-36.82244, -73.05592||Keep Right! — needs attention||G-MOSAIC; RapidEye|
||-35.433056, -71.666667||Keep Right! no errors|
|Robinson Crusoe Island||-33.6483, -78.64529
||-33.6483, -78.64529||Keep Right! — needs attention|
Additional areas of interest for coordinated effort
|Place||Coordinates||OSM Trace Matrix|
|San Juan Bautista||-33.637, -78.83
Reporting and responding to problems with OSM content
OpenStreetBugs "is a website for easily marking errors in the OSM data." OpenStreetBugs presents "a super-simple interface for users who are not going to learn to edit maps." Most pages in the OSM wiki which are for specific places (e.g. Santiago, Chile) contain a link to OpenStreetBugs in the green panel created by Template:Place. Advanced users can interact with OpenStreetBug by using the OpenStreetBug-plugin for JOSM.
This is a link to the earthquake zone in OpenStreetBugs (including Robinson Crusoe Island).
The FIXME key, fixme=*, may be added as data to OSM elements via Potlatch or JOSM. The value provided with the key should describe what problem should be investigated. Content tagged with FIXME can be found in JOSM via the search function, can be located using Query-to-map or can be viewed by value.