|amenity = fountain|
|A fountain for cultural / decorational / recreational purposes.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
A fountain for cultural / decorational / recreational purposes.
This might range from the usual fountain that you'll find in lot's of city centers, up to large fountains like the Trevi Fountain in Rome that can act as a landmark and is also a tourism=attraction. The water of those fountains is often not suitable for drinking.
Draw a nodes or an areas and tag with amenity=fountain. The area should emcompass the whole water basin.
Please tag a dedicated drinking fountain as amenity=drinking_water. If providing drinking water is not the primary use of a fountain but the water is drinkable nonetheless use drinking_water=yes (see the tag page for more detailed tagging).
Other useful generic tags :
- name=* - The name of the fountain.
- drinking_water=yes/no - Indication whether a feature provides drinking water
- lit=yes/no - Are there lights shining on/in the fountain?
- amenity=drinking_water - Place to get "drinking water" in smaller amounts for personal usage (hiking, spa, ...)
- amenity=water_point - Place to get larger amounts of "drinking water" e.g. for caravans
- natural=spring - Water flowing out of the ground. May have a fountain build around (see Roman Bath in Bath, U.K)
- man_made=water_well - A man made excavation in the ground to gain water from an aquifer.