Aussie Mapnik Style Changes
|Data Imports||Tagging Guidelines||Users||Resources|
Brain dump of things that we've tweaked or need to be worked out how to tweak.
- railway=platform now renders
- state borders render properly
- all towns and villages are shown at a z7, but very fine print so as not to clutter, font size increases as you go to z8-z10 etc
- amenity=bbq now renders
- tourism=picnic_site now renders
- amenity=bench now renders
- display state_code at z3
- highway shields -- rendering highway relations, see Australian Tagging Guidelines on how to do this
- Add '4wd only' to the end of tracks tagged 4wd_only=yes
Things left to figure out
- only use place nodes if they are available, if place node doesn't exist only then show area/boundary names.
- surface=unpaved as dotted/dashed instead of solid lines
- different colours for roads (maybe Melway or UBD/Gregories styles)? --Lakeyboy 12:24, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
- Is there a UBD/St Directory that doesn't look antiquated? Delta foxtrot2 01:32, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- public transport routes (relations) being rendered? --Lakeyboy 12:24, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
- This would be best as an overlay, not rendered on the base map image Delta foxtrot2 01:32, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
- railway=disused isn't rendered, but railway crossing are, which just looks confusing without seeing the track too.
- add renderings for amenity=drinking_water - this is really handy for cyclists / pedestrians Rhubarb 16:26, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
- add renderings for amenity=waste_basket - this would be great to render, especially in large parks Rhubarb 16:26, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
Mapnik uses an xml/css like style sheet to produce rendered images, the OSM.org copy is stored in OSM's SVN repositry and you can view it here. Unlike the website which has zoom levels 0-18, mapnik requires something closer to pixels per metre.
Here is a table of how zoom levels equate with mapnik values.
|Zoom Level||Minimum Distance||Maximum Distance|