A curated list of awesome tools about transport data in OSM
Please add your tool only if :
- it is dedicated to transport (Overpass Turbo is a very useful tool, but is not dedicated to transport so please don't add it here)
- it can be used anywhere (if it is closed source, or dedicated to a transport network or region, please don't add it here)
- 1 Data collection
- 2 Data editing
- 3 Data validation and quality assurance
- 4 Data visualization
- 5 Data export and usage
Jungle Bus is a very easy-to-use Android app for on-site bus stop collection.
MapContrib Jungle Bus theme
It's a webmap allowing you to collect bus stop info : https://www.cartes.xyz/t/e7200d-Arrets_de_bus#
OSM Tracker layout for bus
Bus Layout for OSM Tracker is a preset to easily collect bus tracks and info about stops and bus lines.
OSM Transport Editor
PT Assistant and JOSM Plugins
PT Assistant is the most advanced plugin for transport mapping with JOSM. It offers visual highlights, a few transport dedicated functions and some validations rules.
Other JOSM plugins :
- public transport plugin - a plugin for JOSM simplifies the otherwise quite intricate editing of public transport data.
- CustomizePublicTransportStop - a plugin for JOSM. Simplifies creation and setup of public transport stops in according with standards.
- User:MARC13/easy-routes(pl) - a plugin for JOSM in Polish.
Data validation and quality assurance
PTMap is a OSM public transport viewer.
Rutas is a ready to reuse website featuring bus lines in a city. It has been used so far in :
There are several people creating specialist public transport maps:
- The Transport Map layer on OSM's front page by Andy Allan
- Öpnvkarte (öpnvkarte.de) (Also available at openbusmap.org for those with no Ö accessible)
- Openptmap (openptmap.org)
- OpenMap.lt public transport layer
- OpenStationMap displays indoors of public transport stations (including rails and platforms).
Data export and usage
osm-transit-extractor - source is a script that extract lines, routes and stop information and turn it into a GIS friendly format (CSV with WKT)
transit gif - source is a script that generate a animated image showing the evolution of the transport mapping in some area.
For now, it is very specific to the AccraMobile3 project.