|latitude: 50.85, longitude: 4.35|
|Browse map of Brussels 50°51′00″ N, 4°21′00″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
Brussels is a city in Belgium at latitude 50°51′00″ North, longitude 4°21′00″ East.
There is a fair amount of OSM coverage for the city, but not that much has been tagged yet. There are also quite a lot of "interesting" segments and ways, which appear to have been auto-generated from noisy gpx trackpoints.
The open license allow us to import data from urbis : http://cirb.brussels/fr/nos-solutions/urbis-solutions/licence-urbis-open-data
The data UrbIS TOPO have been converted in June 2013 and are stored here : http://osm.bmaron.net/urbis/
Global stats are produced by eMerzh : http tinyurl.com/stats-osm-urbis (long version)
Yahoo! Aerial Imagery coverage
Yahoo! Aerial Imagery is available for the whole of Brussels and surrounding region. We can work with the imagery by using Potlatch or using the WMS plugin for JOSM. We can use it to map more accurately, or to map in two phases, sketching in road layouts before we even go there.
People mapping in Brussels
List yourself here if you've been doing any mapping Brussels
- Jloriaux - worked on the Brussels map
- Grungie - lives in Brussels
- PhilippeP - works in Brussels
- Moyogo - from aerial imagery and walking around too much
- pluimpje - lives in Brussels (from aerial imagery and my own gps tracks)
- Koying - lives and works in Brussels
- Polyglot - I work on public transport mostly, mapped several tram lines, using UrbIS data as a basis and integrating with the rest of the data.
- Velosteph - involved in cycling defense in Brussels, I build routes for cycling thru Brussels. I have also several GPS tracks in stock, and on my own webiste a database with all the street names AND the description of the official regional network of bycicle routes, so one of my project is to find a way to translate these datas into maps...
- eMerzh - lives and works in Brussels ;-)
- BenoitL — lives and works in Brussels
- Paul-Andre Duchesne - lives and works in Brussels - Map either from Bing aerial images, tracks from my smartphone or my data logger, collect infos while walking and cycling in Brussel :)
- Foxandpotatoes - lives in Brussels and has made UrbIS imports in the south of the region.
- Npettiaux — lives and works in Brussels
Also add your user page into Category:Users in Belgium
Brussels (Bruxelles in French or Brussel in Dutch) is officially a bilingual city and administrative district. Therefore it is unclear which language should be used to tag streets and place names. The city page was moved to a more general English version for now but a better solution is needed. Please join the discussion on the Belgium project discussion page to help decide how we should handle this.
Brussels (French: Bruxelles, pronounced [bʁysɛl], and sometimes [bʁyksɛl] by non-Belgian speakers of French; Dutch: Brussel, pronounced [brʏsəl]; German: Brüssel) is the capital of Belgium, the French Community of Belgium, the Flemish Community and the main seat of the European Union's institutions (and thus often considered 'The Capital of Europe'). -- Source Wikipedia
Colour and symbol legend
The status of each map region is indicated by a symbol, which describes the type of feature, and a colour, which indicates the completeness of that feature in a map region.
Meaning of symbols
- - Roads for car traffic are present. One way streets and pedestrian streets are present. This means that the map can be used for car navigation - Key: c
- - Street names are labelled. This means that the map can be used to find an address - Key: l
- - All housenumbers are present - Key: h
- - All cycleways, and field and forest roads suitable for bicycles are present - Key: b
- - All footways are present - Key: fo
- - All wheelchair access is present - Key: d
- - All public transports are present (including name of the bus stop/station names) - Key: tr
- - All stop/station/harbour names are present - Key: ha
- - All bus lines are present (including name of the bus stop names) - Key: bu
- - All trolley/guided bus lines are present (including name of the station names) - Key: ty
- - All tram lines are present (including name of the tram station names) - Key: tm
- - All U-Bahn (subway in Germany) lines are present (including name of the station names) - Key: u
- - All S-Bahn (regional commuter train in Germany) lines are present (including name of the station names) - Key: s
- - All fast railway lines transports are present (including name of the train station names) - Key: tm
- - All steam railway lines transports are present (including name of the train station names) - Key: st
- - All ship lines are present (including name of the harbour station names) - Key: sh
- - All public institutions are present (Churches, sports facilities, venues, schools, hospitals, city hall) - Key: p
- - All petrol stations are present - Key: fu
- - All restaurants and hotels are present - Key: r
- - All tourist attractions are present - Key: t
- - All natural resources are mapped (e.g Water, Lakes and Woodland) - Key: n
Meaning of colours
|This article or section may contain out-of-date information. The information is no longer correct, or no longer has relevance.
If you know about the current state of affairs, please help keep everyone informed by updating this information. (Discussion)
|municipalities (inhabitants)||area||Status||Remarks||Mapped by/Checked by (User&Date)|
|Bruxelles-Ville/Stad Brussel (145,917)|
|Etterbeek (42,342)||check Etterbeek to see a more complete status|
Source for inhabitant data http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_municipalities_of_the_Brussels_Capital-Region
Back to WikiProject Belgium
- GR12 - GR126
- GR126 - GR579
<gallery> Image:Brussels-20061003.png|Status on 2006.10.03 Image:Brussels-20061122.png|Status on 2006.11.22 Image:Brussels-20071120.png|Status on 2007.11.20 Image:Brussels-20080105.png|Status on 2008.01.05 Image:Brussels-20090220.png|Status on 2009.02.20 <gallery>