|Brighton, East Sussex|
|Latitude: (50.83, Longitude: -.13|
|Browse Brighton map|
|Use this template for your city • What do the links do?|
Brighton is a city in East Sussex at latitude 50° 49′ 48″ North, longitude 0° 7′ 48″ West.
2012 Mapping after licence redaction
User:Jnicho02 asked a question about remapping Brighton after licence redaction changes are automatically applied. http://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/15007/tools-to-help-with-remapping-after-licence-redaction. The response was that http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=redactionbot&lon=-0.14421&lat=50.82845&zoom=12 could be used to identify roads and features that need remapping.
Most Recent Brighton Mapping Party
Took place Saturday 19th November 2011 more details to follow. (Best date was chosen by the poll on:  )
This Mapping party was in response this tweet https://twitter.com/dankarran/status/129521541502337024 and this article on the Guardian blog re Skobbler's navigation app lack POIs in Brighton: http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/appsblog/2011/oct/27/skobbler-navigation-2-satnav-app
Photos on Flickr (tag osmbrightonmappingparty2011)
This map includes the City of Brighton and Hove and Shoreham-by-Sea.
The natural boundaries of this conurbation are the sea to the South, the Downs to the East (to Falmer Rd, and including Woodingdean), Downs to the North (the A27 effectively), and River Adur on the West.
The project to map Brighton was taken up by Mikel Maron in 2006/7 who was a Brighton resident at the time.
Mappers started from the Brighton core and extended out in each direction.
People Mapping Brighton
- Chris Corbin
Events Workshops and Coverage
- Mapping party on Saturday 19th November 2011
- Presentation at Bar Camp Brighton
- Presentation at University of Sussex
- My Brighton and Hove article on OSM in the New England Quarter
- Sussex Geek Dinner, January 17th
- Mikel gave a presentation at the Running Stitch Pecha Cucha Slides (6 MB) Running Stitch Pecha Cucha words
- The Big Issue profiled OpenStreetMap, with a bit on Brighton.
- We held an OpenStreetMap Workshop on September 9. Brighton Workshop
- Podcast with Jeremy Keith, pre-Brighton Workshop.
Launch November 2007
The launch of OpenStreetMap Brighton was a past event at the Brighthelm Centre, November 29th 2007.