Brisbane Mapping Meetups/2016-09-21 Woolloongabba
We will meet on Wednesday the 21st of September 2016 from 6:30 pm for an evening of presenting the project and contributing data.
The room is the local ward's community room, located at 2/63 Annerley Road, Woolloongabba, and access is via Crown st.
Everyone is welcome, from complete beginners to seasoned contributors.
Please bring your own laptop. The community room has WiFi, leads, powerboards, an overhead projector and kitchenette for tea.
Contact: Stéphane, 04 68 37 37 48
Event page on Eventbrite (easier to share, possible to RSVP): https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/osm-mapping-workshop-meetup-tickets-27801837043
- General presentation of OSM
- Survey around the meeting place in little teams
- Armchair mapping of buildings in Brisbane from satellite imagery
- Armchair mapping for Humanitarian OSM Team
- Mobile OSM apps - osmand and others
- The Macleay Island Mapping Party November 2009
- Linting & fixing the map. Tools include Keep Right & MapRoulette
- DCDB land parcels
- Visual map stuff, including OpenStreetView & Mapillary
- The construction boom, lots of editing going on & should tag buildings with Key:start_date when they're completed.
- The centrepoint of Australia
- Automatically mapping features based on image analysis Mapbox have a post on this
- The confluence project - “The goal of the project is to visit each of the latitude and longitude integer degree intersections in the world”
- XKCD GeoHashing