|Nova Scotia, Canada|
|latitude: 45.3, longitude: -63|
|Browse Nova Scotia map 45° 18′ 0″ N, 63° 0′ 0″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
Nova Scotia is a province in Canada at latitude 45° 18′ 0″ North, longitude 63° 0′ 0″ West.
|OpenStreetMap images (and underlying map data) are freely available under the OpenStreetMap License.|
This page contains information relating to mapping activity that is specific to the province of Nova Scotia, Canada
See Map Features for worldwide tagging guidelines.
See Canadian tagging guidelines for those specific to Canada.
How to Tag Nova Scotia's Highways (Proposed)
|Tag||Nova Scotia Highways|
|Motorway||Controlled Access, Twinned sections of 100 series Highways|
|Trunk||Untwinned sections of Highways 1, 3, 4, 7|
|Primary||Uncontrolled access, Highways 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 19|
|Secondary||200 and 300 series Highways|
|Tertiary||Significant local roads|
Cities / Towns
If you would like to help map Halifax, Please contact User:Steve in Halifax, he would be interested in hearing from you
- Lower Sackville
If you would like to help map Lower Sackville, User:Dgenge would be interested in setting up Wikiproject Lower Sackville to coordinate mapping activity.
Some bus stops and terminals have been added, but no known routes.
Ways to Help / Projects
Take and upload GPS Traces
Add nearby points of interest (restaurants, stores, businesses)
Add details of your University or College (Dalhousie, St. Mary's)
Mark errors with Notes in OSM
Provincial/County/Municipal Boundaries - 70% complete by user:macgregor. See relation 390558
- The Garmin MapSource (Windows) Installer file is available here http://www.mediafire.com/file/ugyndn1qxmz/OSM Routable Nova Scotia 30 April 2010.exe created from the OSM download of the outline of the province from http://downloads.cloudmade.com/north_america/canada/nova_scotia#downloads_breadcrumbs
- You can download the Ibycus Topo which holds the GeoBase Import data which will eventually get imported to OpenStreetMap. here Which is the 011D area of the Geobase Map covering from Halifax to Sheet Harbour.
- As well as the 1 degree x 1 degree OSM tile here from ComputerTeddy's map. It's a zip file, just needs to be unziped. You can use sendmap to get the maps on your GPS device.
- BBBike @ Halifax - a cycle route planner for Halifax
-  - a routing application for multiple forms of travel (Cycling Fast, Cycling Safely, Trekking, etc)
Open Data from HRM now uses an Open Government license used elsewhere across Canada and is now available for use in OSM. They have already been added to the contributors page.