||Osm Import of geographic data in Central African Countries
||WRI (World Resources Institut)
||25 Mars 2013
||ODbL 1.0 / DbCL 1.0 / CC-BY-SA 2.0
Guidelines for Central Africa data import
- The discussion about the import and the guidelines is held on the HOT talk list - http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
- Planned imports will be announced to the HOT talk list.
- Local community-consensus should be made before imports.
- Enhance the OSM activity on the current crisis in CAR and DRC. This data (localities, road network, …) can be very useful for the humanitarian actors on the field at this moment.
- Enrich and extend the disposable OSM data in Central Africa under the rules of the Open-Source.
Proposal for import:
- Only data from contributors who gave explicit consent will be imported.
- Data review and assessment. Check for data integrity (copyright issues, etc.).
- A crowd-sourced way to verify and import the data is proposed using the tasking manager. The existing shapefiles have already been converted to OSM-XML format and a service that can serve the data into JOSM has been setup.
Import Project n'1: Central African Republic and DRC
The World Resources Institute signed a permission to integrate its data to Openstreetmap.
Autorisation utilisation et partage RCA
Autorisation utilisation et partage DRC
The data collected consist of spatial data both shapefile and raster format in zip archives concerning Conservation, Exploitation, Forest Allocation, Forest Infrastructure, Administrative Units, Habitat, Agriculture, Hydrography, Mining, Vegetation. All the humanitarian-relevant data will be converted and imported with the help of the online community.
Visit the page of Import for Central African Republic to get the guidelines of the work.
Main page: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Cameroon and http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Central_African_Republic
Data license: ODbL 1.0 / DbCL 1.0
Type of license : CC-BY-SA 2.0
Link to permission : see http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Potential_Datasources#Central_Africa and http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue
OSM attribution : http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors#Others
Eurosha Project Cameroon:
Willy Franck SOB: