Community Update from 16 May 2011 to 22 May 2011 (week 2011-20)
Image Of the Week 2011-20
Project Of The Week : Stadium
A stadium is a large, usually outdoor, facility for sport.
- Another usability research with OSM 
- Geofabrik released their boundary for generating country dumps 
- Over 1.000.000 Relations and 400.000 Users yet 
- Emilie resigns from the OSMF Board and Oliver is appointed as treasurer 
- A bachelor thesis analyses different data migration-policies for the upcoming license change to ODbL
- Ben Robbins asks about "tracks and there(sic!) place in society" 
- Browse building=yes on OSM with .
- New release of GpsMid (0.7.5) ... house numbers are searchable now
- New release of OSM2World (0.1.6)
- New release of TileMill (0.2) ... see 
As usual, leave your comments on the talk page
Routing on the main page ?
The idea of integrating a routing engine into the main page of OSM is old but nowadays there are more options available and development around open source routing engines is vivid. The Open Source Routing Machine, for example, has a new online routing demo with draggable start- and destination points. Another demo using YOURS and a third one using OSRM.