Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
(a) Notification of Infringement
It is OSMF’s policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). In addition, we will promptly terminate without notice the accounts of those determined by us to be "repeat infringers". If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof, and believe that any User Submission or other Non-OSMF Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the DMCA by providing our Copyright Agent designated below with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C § 512(c)(3) or consult your own legal counsel to confirm these requirements):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works from the Site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit OSMF to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit OSMF to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon removing any allegedly infringing material, OSMF will notify the alleged infringer of such takedown.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
(b) Counter Notification
If you elect to send our Copyright Agent a counter notice, to be effective it must be a written communication that includes the following (please consult your legal counsel or See 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g)(3) to confirm these requirements):
- A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- The subscriber's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which OSMF may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
Upon receiving a DMCA-compliant counter notice, OSMF will provide the party that gave notice of infringement a copy of the counter notice and inform that party that OSMF will restore the material in 10 business days. OSMF will then reinstate the removed material not less than 10, but no more than 14, business days unless it first receives notice from the party that filed the initial notice that such party has filed a court action against the alleged infringer.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
(c) Designated Copyright Agent. OSMF’s Designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications and counter-notifications of claimed infringement can be reached as follows:
Openstreetmap Foundation, DMCA Notice, 132 Maney Hill Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B72 1JU, United Kingdom