|It has been proposed that this page or section be merged with Accessibility. (Discuss)|
This page is supposed to collect features, tags and information relevant for handicapped persons.
Please add links to the related topics.
Why this page ?
It would be optimal, if all relevant information for handicapped persons would be in the map. This is not the case. For many objects there are no tags, for others are no keys that specify the accessibility. Any wiki page that contains information for handicapped persons shall be added to this category. When we are finished all pages will contain such information (and the category becomes useless...! )
You can support this project by
- proposing needed tags and keys here on this page
- adding headlines for other handicaps here on this page
- adding lines for objects of interest here on this page
- reminding mappers on object pages to enter additional keys helpful for handicapped persons
- creating icons for the tags and keys and request their rendering
- programming routing software or renderers that do not rely on visual output.
- DE:Rollstuhlfahrer-Routing German project for wheelchair routing.
- HaptoRender German project for tactile maps for the visually impaired / blind.
- Tourism: Lower fee for handicapped
- Free fee for second person (to push a wheelchair or to guide a blind person)
- Special seats / empty spaces for wheelchairs
Wheelchair/ walking handicap
- Hand rails
- fuel stations with service (not only self-service)
- Structure in the pavement to be felt with a blindman's stick: tactile_paving=yes/(no)/incorrect e.g. used on highway=steps or on highway=bus_stop or platforms.
- Relief maps information=tactile_map
- Tactile writing:
- Voice interfaces acoustic=voice_description e.g. voice_description=rfid in Bern for public transportation
- Cinema / Theatre: additional narrator acoustic=voice_description ?
- Traffic lights with sound traffic_signals:sound=yes/no
- description:en:blind=The city of Weingarten offers tactile paper maps at the tourist information office for a small fee.
Softwares using OSM data
- Loadstone GPS is a free non-graphics satellite navigation software developed for Symbian Mobile/phones using the Series60 platform. See also the interface Nuance Talks.
- LoroDux is planned to be a OSM and Java based multi platform navigation software for mobile devices for blind and visually impaired persons.
Deaf/ Hearing impaired
- Sign language translation
- amenity=cinema: Films with subtitles shown
- amenity=theatre: Special headphones available
- Please see handicaching.com for an already used system of categorizing ways for handicapped people.
- Pictograms for accessibility