ES talk:Características de cartografía para Colombia
Como determinar en Colombia si se debe usar primary, secondary, etc, para una via?
Propongo que se use
Para vias como Transmilienio, MIO.
-- User:Rcastib 12:59, 27 August 2009
Fork of ES:Map Features? delete
As far as I can tell, this page appears to be a fork of the spanish ES:Map Features placed at an incorrect page title ('Co:' prefix would mean a Corsican translation!). We could move it to "Columbia Map Features", but anyway this forking is not the right approach.
There should probably be a page "Colombia Tagging" linked off the list on the Tagging page (and also linked from the Colombia page of course). This page would carry any Colombia specific tagging guidelines for any local perspectives which are not adequately reflected by Map Features and it's spanish translation ES:Map Features. Note that ES:Map Features should really be written with a global perspective, and not just for Spain. Not sure if that is the case.
Unless I'm misunderstanding something, this page should be deleted and redirected to ES:Map Features but perhaps with some information (not sure how much) rescued onto a "Colombia Tagging" page.
-- Harry Wood 13:35, 10 May 2012 (BST)
- Delete? No!! Many people have put efforts in this page; and not only Colombia (Colombia, not Columbia) has specific aspects for tagging, but any other country also. The prefix "Co" is due because it is the international prefix in internet (example.com.co), the international label for vehicles and has other widespread use within the country. However, we can discuss the title, this is less important.
- And no, the ES:Map Features have not a global perspective, because between Spain and Latin America, and between Mexico, Colombia and Argentina, there are many differences in detail, in road categories, in boundaries, etc. --Friedrich (Federico) (talk) 03:07, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Federico,
- The prefixes used here in the wiki are related to the language codes, not the country codes (So, Uk: means Ukrainian and not United Kingdom). In analogy to the Brazilian Portuguese, the prefix for the Colombian Spanish language would thus be Es-co. However, as pointed out, an article in Spanish language about a Colombian feature should be written with an "ES:" prefix and linked to from the WikiProject_Colombia or put into the Category:Colombia
- Cheers, Charel (talk) 21:47, 29 April 2016 (UTC)
- +1 for moving whatever content is specific to Colombia to another page (ES:Guía_para_mapear_en_Colombia, for example) and deleting this page. Chief argument being that the English version of this article isn't written with a specific country in mind, so there is no reason why the Spanish version of the same article should be any different. The point of the article is precisely that there are conventions upon which the community agrees at a global level so that similar features can be represented with the same tags; splitting the content by country runs counter to that. Note that I said move the content, then delete so as to protect any effort made by contributors to this article. Anyone with a more detailed knowledge of the article could point our which sections are of relevance (from a cursory look, most of the content is for Spain, so I'm not sure which sections are really Colombia-specific) --Carciofo (talk) 10:24, 18 August 2017 (UTC)