Featured images/Apr-Jun 2013
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Gallery of featured images, from April to June 2013
Week 14 (from Monday 1 April 2013 to Sunday 7 April 2013) [Edit]
- English : Team from the Université Cheikh Anta Diop after a five day training course in AUF Dakar. 23 students and researchers focussed on mapping the Medina municipality of Dakar, Senegal. See the HOT blog write-up by Augustin Doury
Week 15 (from Monday 8 April 2013 to Sunday 14 April 2013) [Edit]
- English : Magyarkert ("HungarianGarden") is a leisure park in Hungary, shaped like the country at a 1:1000 size ratio. It includes main rivers, lakes and shapes of hills. The park's main theme is environment protection, educational programs, sport, etc, and of course it's on OpenStreetMap.
Week 16 (from Monday 15 April 2013 to Sunday 21 April 2013) [Edit]
- English : Le Monde, one of the largest French newspapers, relaunched their online paid edition with interactive French maps powered by OpenStreetMap. Read more on the MapBox blog
Week 17 (from Monday 22 April 2013 to Sunday 28 April 2013) [Edit]
- English : Supertuxkart is a free, open-source racing game. Using 3D data from OpenStreetMap we can race around real-world street layouts, such as this suburb of Rostock
Week 18 (from Monday 29 April 2013 to Sunday 5 May 2013) [Edit]
- English : Data from the top 50 mappers in the US (see full map). These big contributors have been offered a special invitation to the SOTM US conference
Week 19 (from Monday 6 May 2013 to Sunday 12 May 2013) [Edit]
- English : "iD" is a new web-based OpenStreetMap editor which is coming out of testing into prime-time on the OpenStreetMap homepage this week. read more on the blog
Week 20 (from Monday 13 May 2013 to Sunday 19 May 2013) [Edit]
- English : State Of The Map Argentina took place a few weeks ago.
Register now for SOTM US coming very soon, and the main State Of The Map 2013 conference in Birmingham UK in a few months.
Week 21 (from Monday 20 May 2013 to Sunday 26 May 2013) [Edit]
- English : Canoe Mapping in the mangroves. La Boquilla, Cartagena, Colombia. In a diary entry by Humberto Yances he describes his participatory mapping project involving the local community, fishermen and ecotourism associations. Follow-up workshops resulted in a map, and ongoing work on "Social Innovation for Mangrove Conservation"
Week 22 (from Monday 27 May 2013 to Sunday 2 June 2013) [Edit]
- English : Two OpenStreetMap servers waiting full of expectation for new co-worker servers for improved reliability and performance!
Week 23 (from Monday 3 June 2013 to Sunday 9 June 2013) [Edit]
- English : Comenius Mapping Party in Romania. Persons from left to right: Dario (Portugal), Pia (Slovenia), Yaren (Turkey), Mateja (Slovenia), Hilal (Turkey), Nils (Germany).
Week 24 (from Monday 10 June 2013 to Sunday 16 June 2013) [Edit]
- English : Group photo of 400+(!) participants of the State Of The Map U.S. 2013, San Francisco, June 08
Week 25 (from Monday 17 June 2013 to Sunday 23 June 2013) [Edit]
- English : Severin Menard is conducting a workshop on QGIS as a part of HOT's "Engaging the Youth to Map The Northern Corridor" in Limonade, Haiti
Week 26 (from Monday 24 June 2013 to Sunday 30 June 2013) [Edit]
- English : UK construction firms have access to very detailed Ordnance Survey map products, but when it comes to displaying a map on a public notice, the people building the new tram in Nottingham found it easier to use OpenStreetMap. Detailed, up-to-date, and open licensed.