Foundation/Local Chapters/United States/Minutes-2012-11-05
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
- Martijn Exel
- John Novak
- Richard Welty
- Alex has received the OSM US paperwork now, will start 501c3 paperwork with Bonnie this week.
- Randal is in touch with Steve Coast on transferring ownership over openstreetmap.us to the US chapter
- We'll start SOTM 2013 planning, Bonnie is tasked with coming up with a list of potential locations
- SOTM 2013 should be as affordable as possible for community members
- We'd love to have stipends for prolific mappers who can't afford to come out otherwise
- Difficult mapper discussion
- Martijn will get in touch with DWG to learn more about how users are technically banned
- There was an open discussion on account stratification
- A quicker, official more coordinated response of the board could have been helpful, but we haven't gotten together to discuss this issue as it was developing
- For the future, each board member should feel compelled to call for a quick board huddle if a coordinated response seems called for.
- Open discussion on how to improve a conflict resolution process.
- Discussion on better community communications
- Can discussion locations be unified? Right now we are on talk-us, facebook, neither seems like an ideal solution
- A forum on openstreetmap.us while technically possible, does not seem to be the right solution
Ongoing action items
- 501 c 3. Alex - get accountant or lawyer to file
- SOTM-US Alex - Bonnie will pull together a list of potential venues
- Martijn - look into DWG process