Foundation/Local Chapters/United States/Mission statement
Please comment on the discussion page
US OSMF Mission Statement Proposal: Current Drafts:
Mission Statement Proposal A
The United States chapter of the OpenStreetMap Foundation is dedicated to improving the growth, availability, and accuracy of freely available geospatial information in the United States.
Mission Statement Proposal B
The United States chapter of the OpenStreetmap is dedicated to assisting the mission of OpenStreetMap by collecting data, supporting OpenStreetMap infrastructure, and supporting other endeavors which improve the quality or social standing of OpenStreetMap.
Mission Statement Proposal C
The US Chapter of OpenStreetMap is dedicated to assisting OpenStreetMap's vision of free map geospatial data which is available, accurate and accessible to everyone.
To achieve this goal, [US OSMF] seeks to:
- Promote public awareness of OpenStreetMap
- Function as a US Not-for-profit Corporation to handle any legal issues that may arise.
- Serve as a point of contact with individuals, corporations, and government entities for securing data, equipment and funding for OSM-related activities.
- Interact with the international OpenStreetMap Foundation to promote the issues and concerns of OSM users in the United States.
- Maintain quality of OpenStreetMap data to ensure community specific standards are met
- Support local mapping activities, including, but not limited to mapping parties.
- Provide logistical assistance to any regional, state, or other local OSMFs that may form.
- Educate the public on best practices for contributing data to OpenStreetMap