Foundation/Local Chapters/United States/Servers
Wikimedia donated 12 of their older Apache servers to OSM Foundation United States. The systems were almost all 2GB, 2x Opteron, 2x 250GB. They were all 1U in size. Using the parts from those systems Ian built three systems with 4x 250GB, 8GB. VISI donated 5U of server space for one year (starting Feb 1, 2010) to OSM United States. The three Wikimedia servers built above sit in these 5U. The systems are interconnected with a 1Gbit switch and have their own public-facing IP addresses. The uplink from this switch is 100Mbit with a 10Mbit commit.
- 01 March 2010: the systems are set up and networked.
- 04 Oct 2010: A new 1Gbit GS105NA switch was installed and the third system was brought online. It is exhibiting lots of ECC memory errors indicating either a bad motherboard or a bad memory chip. This system has since been turned off and is unreachable.
|CPU1||Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 285 2.6GHz||Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 285 2.6GHz||Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 285 2.6GHz|
|CPU2||Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 285 2.6GHz||Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 285 2.6GHz||Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 285 2.6GHz|
|HDD Slot 1||250GB (Raid 1)||250GB (Boot)||1TB (Raid 10)|
|HDD Slot 2||250GB (Raid 1)||250GB (Raid 5)||1TB (Raid 10)|
|HDD Slot 3||1TB||250GB (Raid 5)||1TB (Raid 10)|
|HDD Slot 4||1TB||250GB (Raid 5)||1TB (Raid 10)|
|OS||Ubuntu 9.10||Ubuntu 9.10||Ubuntu 10.04.1|
- 03 May 2011: OSM US purchased a new 2U, 32GB, dual quad-core Xeon SuperMicro system from NewEgg. It will probably use the four 1TB disks from furan (since it has a bad motherboard).
- 21 July 2011: The new OSM US machine is installed at the Open Source Lab and spinning up.
- 27 Sept 2011: After several weeks of trying to get caught up, the virtualized machines running on the new machine at OSUOSL were deemed not speedy enough and are being switched back to bare-metal.
|CPU1||Quad Core Intel Xeon E5620 Westmere 2.4GHz|
|CPU2||Quad Core Intel Xeon E5620 Westmere 2.4GHz||(n/a)|
|HDD Slot 1||600GB (Raid 10)|
|HDD Slot 2||600GB (Raid 10)|
|HDD Slot 3||600GB (Raid 10)|
|HDD Slot 4||600GB (Raid 10)|
|HDD Slot 5||(empty)|
|HDD Slot 6||(empty)|
|HDD Slot 7||(empty)|
|HDD Slot 8||(empty)|
|Slot||At OSUOSL||At OSUOSL|
Toluene holds a copy of NED, NHD, and other data that User:Ahlzen gathered.
Benzene holds an up-to-date osm2pgsql database and is rendering tiles using TileStache. This TileStache instance is also proxying imagery for various locations around the country.