Foundation/Local Chapters/United States/Working Groups/Community Events
The Community Events and Mapping Party Working Group is designed to support the building of mapping communities in the United States. As the group's name suggests, this will be done through the use of community events and mapping parties.
- Mapping Party presentations
- Write-ups of past events' successes and failures
- Common tasks for mapping events
- Materials to help market the event and tools to help work with local organizations.
Links to tutorials
QGIS & PostGIS OSM Humanitarian Field Guide https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AUeMslP3EFo2ZHJkYnhiNF83ZHpjNXQ2Zno&hl=en
Mapping Road Trip
- The "GeoBus" Project will be overseen by The Community Events and Mapping Party Working Group
- To get involved with the OpenStreetMap "GeoBus" project, see US Mapping Road Trip. See also the #GeoBus tweetstream on Twitter