From OpenStreetMap Wiki
(Redirected from Game)
- For more serious use in interactive worlds, see Simulators.
- For mapping shops selling games of various types, see Tag:shop=games
Gamification of map contributions
- AddressHunter - Mobile game for gathering address data
- How did you contribute to OpenStreetMap? - scoring and ranking your contribution
- Kort Game - Gamified Mobile App based on KeepRight data
- MapATag - Mobile gamified app for adding accessibility tag, by Wheelmap
- MapRoulette - Find bugs and win the competition by fixing most of them
- Mapper baseball cards 
- OSMFight - Compares two users in a map contribution face off
- StreetComplete - Android app which finds wrong, incomplete or extendable data in the user's vicinity and provides them the tools to complete these easily and directly on site without having to use another editor.
Games using OpenStreetMap data
In the game itself
- 911 Operator (Kickstarter Page, on Steam)
- BucketMan - coloring your city (Android) - A game similar to PacMan but in the streets of your hometown! Homepage (in progress), Playstore link
- FlightGear - Makes up most world scenery using osm2city.pyMore data such as roads since version 3.0.
- Gbanga - mixed reality social gaming
- GPS Mission
- JOSM/Plugins/WMS Racer - A game as a JOSM plugin!
- LearnYouACity - teach yourself where streets in your city are
- Leitstellenspiel (browser based game, also available in English language via http://www.missionchief.com )
- DE:LstSim is a browser based simulation game in German language. See also: Simulators
- Map of the Dead (iPhone)
- Master City (Android)
- Monopoly City Streets
- Next Land (on Indiegogo funding page (& video))
- Nike Grid
- State Of The Map 2012 site has a mini game
- SuperTuxKart - Map importing based on osm2world
- Train Lord
- World of the living dead - Resurrection (screenshot with some OSM) - browser based zombie game (now shut down)
- Zombie Tower Defense - A tower defense game played on maps of anywhere in the world!
For services around the games
- Battlefield 4 use custom maps via MapBox - "leaderboards allow players to compete within their geographic regions. The maps are tailored to the look and feel of the game"
Game map converters
- Cities:Skylines - OSM import
- Minecraft - At least one person has generated blocky 3D minecraft maps from OSM data
- WikiProject Catalan/OpenStreetMap The Boardgame - a board game version of OpenStreetMap! (under development)
- Les plus grande cathedrales de France board game - Memory game using cathedral building footprints data. Was a featured image
Game development tools
OSM-based game development tools by game engine:
Retro gaming-styled maps
Not actual game data converters, but styles inspired by games:
- GSoC Project Ideas 2011#OSM 4 games a modularized exporter for different game genres
- OSM Worms: Worms crawling along the roads and eating cars. They grow longer and longer. They are slower on smaller roads.
- OSM Packman: Fight the ghosts in your own neighborhoods roads and ways [Blog]