From OpenStreetMap Wiki
GPS unit: Garmin eTrex Summit
- navigator (Navigation: )
- CPU: (OS: ), Flash: (external: no)
- GPS: 12 channels, ( waas;egnos, )
- Display: , Connectivity: rs232
- Internal: compass,altimeter Batteries:
|Mass Storage mode||? Waterproof|
- Not too expensive.
- Has an electronic compass and altimeter.
- One-handed use.
- Suitably splashproof.
- Supports WAAS/EGNOS.
- Like some other eTrex models, waypoint names are limited to 6 characters.
- Can take a long time to acquire enough satellites to navigate, especially if you're impatient and start moving.
- Only has a 10,000 point track memory, and saved logs limited to 750 points each.
- Serial cable is optional.
12 channel GPS with electronic compass and altimeter, but no mapping capability. Uses 2 AA batteries; rechargable batteries suffice.