Humanitarian OSM Team/Haiti Strategy And Proposal/Follow Up Mission 1
Mission 1 preparation items
- See generic
Travel dates & details
- 21-March: Arrival date in Port Au Prince (PAP).
- 3-April: Haiti Departure date Robert Soden.
- 10-April: Haiti Departure date Nicolas Chavent.
Lodging Camp Charlie
- Port Au Prince: outreach and training in the UN Logistics Base (LogBase) towards internationals (UN & NGOs), nationals (CNIGS, CNSA) and Civil Society (Forum Communautaire de Cite Soleil & INURED).
- Secondary hubs (Jacmel and Leogane): outreach, training and surveying with IOM
Mission 1 reports
- Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team Mission 1 in Haiti: report from week 1
- Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team Mission 1 in Haiti: report from week 2
- Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team Mission 1 in Haiti: report from week 3
Mission 1 thoughts
we got more than a commitment now with Haitian (grass root communities, individuals & CNIGS) i think we have at hand what we wanted building HOT: a NMA operating based on openness articulating its open SDI to OSM and its both local & international community in a respectful manner to carry out work in its mandate (base map) and in disaster response
Mission 1 follow-up
- International: most of the GISers posted here will be rotated out of country and with them the institutional memory of the op, we will bridge in and make of the CNIGS the reference-
- CNIGS: keep supporting them and rolling in in editing and map production the OS Geo Stack + facilitate any tools development
- grass root: train train train with support of all good will actors
- If we can keep 2 OSM persons in this mission: I can expose OSM volunteers to this operation and grow our network of deployable people
- this long term presence will make us fully cognizant of all operational needs of each phase of work from preparedness to emergency to development with plans to get those 3 sets of actors operating in a coordinated manner and we wil keep builidng the toolset of OSM (our HOT SDI) with volunteer workforce boosted when possible by funded projects aligned to our Strat & Plan proposal
Mission 1 equipment list
Handy equipment list for next time