Humanitarian OSM Team/Working groups/Activation/meeting 2015-07-28

From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Activation WG Meeting Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 14:00 UTC

Participants - IRC handle (lines said)

russdeffner (41), Tyler_Radford (5), mataharimhairi (2)

Links mentioned in meeting

Meeting Summary

  • Agenda used was this hackpad.
  • Review Last Week (russdeffner, 14:06:37)
    • Mhairi and Russell to conclude the Vanuatu/Cyclone Pam Activation (russdeffner, 14:11:02)
    • Discussion on concluding the Ebola Activation continues under Tyler's guidance (russdeffner, 14:16:01)
  • Any Pressing Needs (russdeffner, 14:17:37)
  • Update on Activation Protocol and Curriculum (russdeffner, 14:19:57)
    • Activation Protocol has been sent to the Board for their review and consideration at their meeting this week. (russdeffner, 14:20:35)
    • Activation Curriculum is now in production. (russdeffner, 14:23:07)
    • Activation Q&A Session this Thursday at 1600 UTC (russdeffner, 14:26:33)

IRC Log

14:05:50 <russdeffner> #startmeeting 28 July Activation Working Group Meeting
14:05:50 <hot_meetbot`> Meeting started Tue Jul 28 14:05:50 2015 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes. The chair is russdeffner. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:05:50 <hot_meetbot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:05:50 <hot_meetbot`> The meeting name has been set to '28_july_activation_working_group_meeting'
14:06:20 <russdeffner> #info Agenda for today is here: https://hackpad.com/Activation-Working-Group-July-28-2015-Meeting-Agenda-fGe37hVsqHp
14:06:37 <russdeffner> #topic Review Last Week
14:06:59 <russdeffner> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Team/Working_groups/Activation/meeting_2015-07-21
14:07:44 <russdeffner> so there was really only the one piece that had any action/follow-up
14:08:00 <russdeffner> concluding the Vanuatu and Ebola activations
14:09:26 <russdeffner> I only recieved a direct reply from Mhairi regarding 'being the Activation Lead' for concluding Vanuatu
14:09:46 <russdeffner> so unless there is a volunteer here now...
14:11:02 <russdeffner> #info Mhairi and Russell to conclude the Vanuatu/Cyclone Pam Activation
14:11:46 <Tyler_Radford> thanks that would be great
14:11:57 <Tyler_Radford> I did receive a reply back from Andrew Buck regarding Ebola
14:12:29 <russdeffner> ok, yes please give us an update on that now, go ahead and use # info if you'd like
14:13:23 <Tyler_Radford> From Andrew "Yes I think it makes sense to do this if it has not been done already. For all intents and purposes the activation ended some time ago as we haven't gotten new requests in quite some time."
14:14:50 <Tyler_Radford> Also have a meeting scheduled with Enoch in Ghana regarding ideas for building local mapping capacity in west africa but we haven't had a chance to talk yet
14:14:50 <russdeffner> it doesn't look like Enock is on here today, do you know if he is working on a 'local community transition plan'?
14:15:15 <russdeffner> ok
14:16:01 <russdeffner> #info Discussion on concluding the Ebola Activation continues under Tyler's guidance
14:16:32 <russdeffner> anything else regarding 'unfinished business'/follow-up/suggested changes to last week's summary?
14:17:29 <russdeffner> ok, moving on
14:17:37 <russdeffner> #topic Any Pressing Needs
14:18:07 <russdeffner> does anyone have any needs for current Activations/Projects?
14:19:31 <russdeffner> ok, I guess that is a good thing
14:19:57 <russdeffner> #topic Update on Activation Protocol and Curriculum
14:20:35 <russdeffner> #info Activation Protocol has been sent to the Board for their review and consideration at their meeting this week.
14:21:04 <russdeffner> the 'final version' is in PDF form and only being shared via email at the moment
14:21:38 <russdeffner> the version in the HOT Drive (gdoc) the text has been updating, but not all the tables and graphics yet
14:22:07 <russdeffner> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qefHRE3_wUyG3lMSb7NlkSDtPuQeaQXsflkxt3E3xSA
14:23:07 <russdeffner> #info Activation Curriculum is now in production.
14:23:33 <russdeffner> start at the Course Index to learn more: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pv67o6nM55H2gOvlz7PEWSNxt2cSMZQJ0CXcJUOWIZU
14:24:28 <russdeffner> there is also two components to the deliverables: LearnOSM content review/update/build, and HOT Training Center (Moodle) development
14:25:07 <russdeffner> I have begun playing around with building the Activation 101 course on our moodle instance
14:25:26 <russdeffner> http://moodle.dev.hotosm.org/
14:26:05 <russdeffner> lastly, I will announce to the main list just after this meeting...
14:26:33 <russdeffner> #info Activation Q&A Session this Thursday at 1600 UTC
14:27:02 <russdeffner> Need to start having some chats with people from various WGs/interests
14:27:22 <russdeffner> will probably have one on a weekly or bi-weekly schedule
14:27:44 <russdeffner> basically there needs to be a lot of people involved in creating the training
14:28:03 <russdeffner> will be asking 'OSM Experts' outside of HOT for help as well
14:28:46 <russdeffner> i.e. once there is a draft of the course for the 'Data' role I'll send messages to the imports, tagging and legal OSM-talk lists
14:28:52 <russdeffner> as an example
14:29:22 <russdeffner> any questions on any of that?
14:30:17 <russdeffner> Any other business for the AWG?
14:30:26 <Tyler_Radford> sounds like a good plan russdeffner
14:30:50 <mataharimhairi> +1
14:31:21 <russdeffner> ok, well that makes for a rather short meeting :)
14:31:32 <mataharimhairi> :)
14:31:43 <russdeffner> I'll give a very long, going twice... for any other AWG business
14:32:46 <russdeffner> #endmeeting