You can use iD with your web browser live on the OpenStreetMap.org home page. Simply zoom in on the area you are interested in, and click the "edit" button!
Note: In your user preferences you can set the "edit" button to launch different editors. In that case you still can find "iD" inside the "Edit ▼" menu drop-down. By default though, new users would click simply "edit".
To help you learn iD, there is an interactive walkthrough inside the editor. You will see a prompt on the start-up screen, and it is always accessible via the help icon () on the right hand side (keyboard shortcut is 'H'). You also can browse the collection of questions related to iD on help.osm.org. If your question has not been asked already, just add it. A list of keyboard shortcuts is available, too.
A more detailed tutorial for iD can be found at the LearnOSM web site.
iD uses d3js as a rendering layer and has a fast, modular core that manages OSM data. The primary mode of rendering is via SVG, though other renderers will be considered in the future.
- Project introduction
- Code on github
- iD readme (how to contribute, translate, install on a server, …)
- iD github wiki home page (all pages; technical and project infos)
- Bug reports
- A development version is also available if you want to test the latest code. You are still editing the live database if you authorize in the oauth dialog!
|Alpha||December 21, 2012||Alpha 3||February 23, 2013|
|Beta||April 2, 2013||Beta 1||April 2, 2013|
|1.0||May 9, 2013||1.0.1||May 10, 2013||EOL (End-of-life)|
|1.1||August 9, 2013||1.1.6||August 23, 2013||EOL|
|1.2||September 26, 2013||1.2.1||September 30, 2013||EOL|
|1.3||24 de outubro de 2013||1.3.10||May 21, 2014||EOL|
|1.4||May 29, 2014||1.4.0||May 29, 2014||EOL|
|1.5||July 8, 2014||1.5.4||July 29, 2014||EOL|
|1.6||6 de outubro de 2014||1.6.3||10 de fevereiro de 2015||EOL|
|1.7||11 de fevereiro de 2015||1.7.4||September 16, 2015||EOL|
|1.8||November 8, 2015||1.8.3||December 11, 2015||EOL|
|1.9||March 1, 2016||1.9.4||May 4, 2016||Active|
|2.0||November, 2016||2.0.1||December, 2016||Active|
localisation / translation
iD use transifex for translations https://www.transifex.com/openstreetmap/id-editor/ more information on github
- In the works: iD 1.1 ("iD 1.1 is nearing release. I've just tagged 1.1.0rc1") (2013-07-31)
- Tuning OpenStreetMap Editing: iD Editor 1.1 (2013-06-06)
- Previewing User Interface Improvements in iD Version 1.1 (2013-05-30)
- iD launch on the osm.org (2013-05-07)
- iD reaches Beta 1 (2013-04-02)
- iD alpha3 (2013-03-11)
- Design iD (2013-01-11)
- iD Updates (2012-11-14)
- First steps with iD editor (2012-10-25)
- It Starts With An Editor (2012-10-14)