India/Events/Mapping Party in FSMK Summer Camp, Bangalore
The Mapping Party at FSMK Summer Camp is a past event which took place on Sunday 27th July in Dayanand Sagar Engineering College, Kumarswamy Layout, Bangalore. Slides used for presentation can be found here and in pdf here
It was a pretty incredible day, with lots of new mappers learning to make GPS Survey and editing the Openstreetmap. Over 30 members came for GPS survey early morning and more than 150 students were present for the presentation on contributing to OSM and its importance. It was a also a great event for inspiring and teaching. THANKS everyone for coming and helping to make it happen.
Old event info
Tracking area in and around the venue, DSCE college(near Kumarswamy layout) using OSMtracker in gps-enabled android device. And then add/edit the data in id/JOSM editor to finally upload it to osm with an introductory editing session.:) Open Invitation to osm mappers of Bangalore to be part of this event as this may increase the interest and participation among students.:)
Saturday 26th July Morning
- Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Shavige Malleshwara Hills, Kumaraswamy Layout, Bangalore - 560078
- By bus: Majestic to DSCE.
If you're coming to Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering (the venue of this year's Summer Camp) from Majestic (K.B.S), you can take the following buses: 15E, 15G, 15C, 210AA, 210A, 210R, 210U, 210X The platform numbers are 8 and 13. It should take around 40-45 minutes in regular traffic and the bus fare is approximately ₹21.
- Morning: Intro and tracking using osmtracker around kumarswamy layout.
- Evening(5pm-6pm): Intro session on editing and contributing to osm.
What to Bring
- GPS-enabled smartphone with OSMtracker app.
- Laptop to edit/upload data to osm. Wi-fi is available at camp.