Ireland/Events/Ranelagh Mapping Party
|latitude: 53.3222, longitude: -6.258|
|Browse Ranelagh map 53° 19′ 20″ N, 6° 15′ 29″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
Ranelagh is a suburb in Dublin at latitude 53° 19′ 20″ North, longitude 6° 15′ 29″ West.
Mapping parties are events where anyone can come and participate in the OpenStreetMap project. OpenStreetMap is a free, open source map that can be contributed, edited and used by anyone anywhere. Mapping parties are social events where experienced and new mappers can meet to share and learn more about the project. The events are generally held in a public place, and allow time for discussion, mapping and editing. The event is open to all.
It's fun. It's free. You can help.
More about Mapping parties
- When: Saturday 14th November, 10:00-whenever
- Where: Meeting point is Café Kylemore in the Swan Centre Rathmines (marked on OSM). There is a good chance we can have access to the Rathmines library meeting room in the afternoon, failing that, individual, quiet, mapping can be done in the main library part. Later in the day we will adjourn to a comfy location with wireless.
- Getting there: Ranelagh is served by tram, Luas Green Line from St. Stephen's Green.
Twitter hashtag: #osmdublin
- Event schedule:
- Infill missing detail in Ranelagh and Rathmines areas
- Capture all missing streets and street names
- Capture all oneway and restriction information
- For extra credit, capture house numbers and Points Of Interest
- To Bring
* GPS device if you have one (some will be available for loan or you can accompany another mapper to gain experience * Camcorder or digital camera (great for rich note-taking) * Pen and paper * Voice recorder if you have one * Broadband dongle * Mains multi-extension leads * Memory card readers * Spare AA batteries * Battery chargers
- Remember to charge any battery-operated devices (GPS, camera, voice recorder,...).
- Weather: Wrap up warmly, rain gear advised.
- RSVP: please let us know that you will join us by adding your name below
Morning meeting point, Kylemore Café, Swan Centre, Rathmines, 10:00. Intention is in any case to adjourn afterwards to a pub or casual restaurant for food, relaxation and mapping.
To achieve at least basic full coverage within identified cake slices in the area.
- a few streets missing west of Rathmines between Leinster Avenue and Kenilworth square north.
- street maze missing west of Cathal Brugha barracks, east of Harolds cross road.
- streets missing south of Charleston Road
- Ranelagh Gardens public park and streets off Northbrook Road
Mapping Party Suggestions
Please feel free to suggest locations and goals for this mapping event as well as future events.