Isle of Man Mapping Party 2007
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Areas to be mapped
|1||Spring Valley, Anagh Coar/Annacur, Kirby||Douglas||Largely residential area between Cooil Road, Vicarage Road, Peel Road and New Castletown Road.|
|2||Pulrose, Kewaigue, South Quay||Douglas||Area between New Castletown Road, Peel Road and Old Castletown road, to Douglas Harbour|
|3||Central business district and shopping area||Douglas||Area between Circular Road, North Quay, Sea Terminal, Loch Promenade, Broadway, Derby Road and Bucks/Woodbourne Road|
|4||West||Douglas||Area between Quarterbridge Road, Alexander Road, Peel Road, Circular Road and Bucks/Woodbourne Road|
|5||Middle||Douglas||Area between Alexander Road, Broadway, Ballanard Road, Tromode Road|
|6||Snugborough, Strang||Douglas||Area between Strang Road, Peel Road, Quarterbridge Road|
|7||Willaston||Douglas||Area between Mountain Road, Glen Crutchery Road, Ballanard Road|
|8||East Douglas, West Onchan||Douglas / Onchan||Area between Broadway, Glencrutchery Road, Promenade|
- Meet Saturday morning at 9.30 in the Java Lounge on the corner of Duke Street and Victoria Street. The Java Lounge has free wifi with the purchase of a drink.
- Intro to mapping.
- Choose areas to map. Mixture of areas suited to foot, bike or car transport.
- Meet for lunch in The British at 1pm.
- Meet for coffee at the Java Lounge again 6pm.
- Go through the process of uploading the information and begin mapping.
What information to collect
(in approximate suggested order of priority)
- GPS tracks for streets
- Names of streets
- One-way restrictions
- Pub locations
- Postbox locations
- Postcode locations
- Phonebox locations
- Hotel locations and names
|Name||Has GPS unit||Needs accomodation||Days available|
|Dan Karran||Yes||No||Saturday (and possibly Sunday morning)|
|Owen Cutajar (maybe)||Yes||No|