Building-Generalization plugin allows the user to correct angle of buildings to 90 degrees, and aligns all loaded buildings to nearest road .
Using this plugin, you are able to modify the angles of all buildings from the current layer to 90 degrees . One thing to note is the fact that are corrected only the angles with the value between 84-96 degrees . Also, after this step, the buildings are aligned with the closest road(way) .If the road is shorter than the current building, that building is not aligned .
All you have to do is one of this :
- If there is no layer created yet, select File -> New Layer . This will create a blank layer that you can edit .
- select File -> Open, then navigate to your file, select it and click the "Open" button .
- Select File -> Download from OSM
- After this, go to Tools and press " Building Generalization " - there's no need to select data from the map before pressing this menu item, because all the buildings are automatically edited .
- First example
- Second example
- Third example - if we don't have roads, the angles of the buildings are still edited
4 segments building angles
6 segments building angles
- Fourth example