Splinex JOSM plugin is based on the idea of Spline-drawing-tool, but allows to fully edit a spline like as in vector graphics editors before converting it to a way.
- Click+drag on free ares to add new nodes and set control points of Bézier curve.
- Click+drag existing nodes or control points to move them.
- Double click on the resulting spline to finish.
- Double click on the first point of the spline to close it.
Ctrl does the following:
- Disables snap to existing nodes
- Disables automatic movement of counterparts when dragging control points
- Sets new control points when dragging a node (useful to convert sharp corners to curves)
Green lines are tangents with control points at ends, red line is the resulting spline:
Splines can be useful for drawing tunnels: on the satellite you can see only entrance and exit, GPS doesn't work at tunnels either. One can approximate tunnel path by aligning tangents along entrance and exit roads:
- Virtual nodes to add new segments in the middle of the spline
- Angle snapping
- Adaptive subdivision
- Modeful drawing -- implement two different mapmodes to draw and to edit splines. Currently only modeless Potlach-like drawing is possible.
- Ability to set control points without click+drag
- Statusbar hints