To provide additional information about the related element to the end map user.
The description=* tag can be used to provide additional information about the related element to the end map user, possibly using a pop-up or similar. Text should be kept short; a few words or perhaps one to three sentences at most. Longer information can be provided by tagging a link to Wikipedia or other external website.
Use note=* for information which is for use by other mappers (for example a note indicating that the aerial imagery should not be believed or similar).
- description=* (local language)
- description:en=* (en= English)
- Proposed features/DisabilityDescription - (once approved but unused) for adding descriptions of special relevance to disabled persons.
- note=* - for adding notes to yourself and your fellow mappers
- website=* - for providing a link to a general external website
- wikipedia=* - for providing a wikipedia.org link