From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|Yes or no, to indicate if money is charged to use this facility. See wiki for other values.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: De facto|
|Tools for this tag|
The fee tag is for specifying whether a fee is usually charged for a service, or for access.
- fee=yes - a fee is usually charged
- fee=no - no fee usually charged
- fee=interval - fee charged only on certain hours of the day, use the same syntax as for opening hours. (See the discussion.)
- payment=* to indicate the precise method of payment.
- toll=* to indicate that a road, bridge, ferry, or other way is tolled - that you must pay to use it.
- charge=* or fee:amount=* or fee:price=* to define the fee, though some mappers place this directly on the fee tag with a currency symbol such as $ or ¥.
Tagging of different fees at different times is undeveloped, leading to nodes like https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2282355309/history