Kosmos/Kosmos In 5 Minutes
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
These are quick instructions on how to try out Kosmos if you are a novice:
- Make sure you have Microsoft .NET 2.0 installed (you can download it from Microsoft's site.
Or use the newest Microsoft .NET 3.5 from Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1.
(To download the full package, rather than the bootstrapper, you must scroll down on the page.)
- Download the latest version of Kosmos from here (the latest version is the one with the newest date ;) )
- Unzip the package somewhere on your disk.
- Double click on Kosmos/GUI/Kosmos.GUI.exe file to start the application.
- An introduction screen will be displayed.
- Select the File | Open Project... menu from the top menu bar.
- A dialog for choosing a project file will be shown. Browse to the Kosmos/Samples/Isle of Wight/Isle of Wight.kpr file and select it.
- The application will load the project files and a map of Isle of Wight will be shown.
- Have fun!