Logan Mapping Party March 2010
This will be a friendly meetup of openstreetmappers in Brisbane, hopefully with a few interested newbies thrown into the mix.
When: Saturday 20th March 2010
Where: Logan, Queensland
Please feel free to call David on 0407 151 912 on the day if you can't find us.
09:00-10:00 Logan Gardens Park, Civic Parade: BBQ Breakfast, plan surveying
I (DavidDean) will bring some sausages, bread, bacon and eggs according to how many say they are coming. Feel free to bring your own food if you want something different.
10:00-13:00 Survey your area
13:00-15:00 Logan City Tavern: Lunch, maybe some online-mapping.
We are hoping to have some internet connectivity, so if you want to do some group online mapping, bring your laptop after lunch.
Please help us map Logan and the surrounding areas. You can add anything that you think is important, but some of the types of things that other mappers like to collect are:
- missing streets (paved and unpaved)
- street names
- missing street facilities (traffic lights, pedestrian crossings, speed bumps, etc.)
- missing streets and paths
- missing parks/schools/etc
- missing amenities (water fountains, toilets, playgrounds, seats, shelters, etc.)
However, if you aren't sure what to do, please let me know, and I'll be glad to get you started.
If you want a printable map suitable for making notes on, you can make them using the excellent Walking Papers.
Anybody is welcome. Please RSVP to David Dean using the contact details below, or just add your name here if you have the technology. Put a cake section label next to your name if you want to claim it:
- David Dean - O
- Mark - D (I know this area well), and then C or H (unless someone else really wants it)
- Chris B - I'll take M,N and Q - I also have 5GB Optus 3G plan I can share via wifi to give connectivity
- James Livingston - A/B?
- someone else
Quick add this to your Google Calendar with the following:
Logan Mapping Party, 9:00, 20th March 2010 at Logan Gardens Park
David Dean or email email@example.com, mobile 0407151912, twitter @dbdean