WikiProject United Kingdom London Cycle Hire
The London Cycle Hire Scheme is a go! It started 30th July 2010. It's a point-to-point cycle hire scheme in central London, with hundreds of docking stations which now need to be mapped.
- name=* - official name of station (eg: Longford Street, Park Road (Baker Street), Paddington Street)
- network=Barclays Cycle Hire - the official name of the network of hire points... except that it has changed to be called "Santander Cycles" as of April last year, so we probably need to change this tag value everywhere. See discussion
- ref=* - official reference number of station, if known, which will help to de-duplicate and merge if an official dataset becomes available.
- start_date=2010-07-30 - for those which were ready at this launch date
- capacity=* the number of stands at the particular point hire station
You can view the map of cycle racks at LivingWithDragons.com and click the icons for additional information. If you want it updated, talk to 'gregory' on IRC or LastGrape/Gregory. I may set it to automatically update once a day.
- There's an official list of TfL Cycle Hire Locations at data.london.gov.uk but unfortunately I don't think the TfL Transport Data Service license is compatible with use in OSM.
- There is a list of locations where planning permission was granted, from the people who are writing an application for iphone users - sourced by a FOI request from TfL, but that doesn't necessarily mean that there is actually anything there in reality. We need to go and survey them all, at least until TfL get around to releasing an accurate, updated dataset of locations where they are actually there and working.