London Hack Day Feb 2008
This is a Past event which took place in February 2008
OSM Hacking Day, London, Feb 2008
- When? Saturday Feb 23rd, 10am
- Where? Riverbank House, One Putney Bridge Approach, SW6 3JD Putney, London
- What? A day to spend hacking (developing) OSM code with your fellow contributors. Come along and help improve the OSM codebase -- everything from editing, and API to rendering. Pick your own topic...
- Who? You!
- Martijn van Exel came from Amsterdam!
- Harry Wood
- Firefishy (Grant)
The idea was that everybody picked a subject they wanted to spend the day on, and brought a goal. Everybody hacked away, asked questions, worked together, learn about how things work, and showed off their efforts.
Some goals/things we achieved, or may have achieved
- Potlatch: Add route relations editing suitable for cycle routes. -- Randomjunk
- Wrote the documentation for contours on the cycle map --Gravitystorm
- API: Writing some RSpec tests XinZ
- Discuss €15.000 Funding for Software Development - Proposal - Martijn van Exel
- Considering/discussing Single sign on across OSM sites - Firefishy
- Firefishy was also doing some set-up of the new Servers/tile
- Harry Wood did some tweaks to MediaWiki extensions. They are now installed and running on this wiki.
- Steve added support for mugshot photos on your OSM profile page.