Mapathon/US Summer Mapathon 2014
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
The 7th U.S. national Mapathon will be held in in the weekend of August 9-10, 2014. This is also the weekend of the 10th Anniversary of OpenStreetMap, so let's get together and throw parties everywhere!
|City||Dates and Times||Venue||Contact||Event link|
|Washington DC||August 8, 12PM-5PM, happy hour at 5||OpenGovHub, happy hour at 5PM at Mio||Contact Steven Johnson or Alex Barth||details and RSVP on Meetup|
|Denver CO||August 9 starting at 3PM||Wynkoop Brewery||Contact Jim McAndrew or Russ Deffner||Meetup|
|Seattle WA||August 9:30am to 3:30pm||Tableau Software 837 North 34th Street, Suite 200, Seattle, WA||Contact Clifford Snow or Chase Stephens||Meetup Event|
|Athens GA||August 9 9:30am-3pm||University of Georgia ASPRS Chapter||Contact Randal Hale|
|New York City||Aug 11||See GeoNYC for more info|
|Los Angeles||August 9 12:00pm-5:00pm||Telenav, 10549 Jefferson Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232||Contact Richard Kachelriess or Robert Stack||Meetup|
|Phoenix||August 9 Noon to 4:30pm||The Watershed Tempe||Contact James Fee or Ryan Arp||Meetup Event|
|Lexington, KY||August 9 Noon to 4:00pm||West Sixth Brewery, 501 W 6th St, Lexington, KY 40508||Contact Jessi Breen or Ryan Cooper for details.||There will be cake!|
|St. Petersburg, FL||August 9 11:00am to 2:00pm||Flippers||Contact Coleman McCormick||Meetup|
|Nashua, NH||August 9. We will be setting up between 12:00 and 1:00 PM||Celebrate OSM's birthday with a cookout at Greeley Park in Nashua. If you're not familiar with Greeley Park, the picnic/cookout area is right about at (42.7807, -71.4669).||Contact user:rozzin to coordinate.||If you have not confirmed your attendance with user:rozzin, please consider bringing some food to share.|
|Cleveland, OH||Aug. 9th, from 12-4pm||Cleveland Public Library, 325 Superior Avenue East, Cleveland, OH (6th floor)||Event information on meetup|
|Various US Cities (Virtual)||August 9 11:30am-3:30pm||GISi||Contact Jonah Adkins||GISi is having a virtual OSM Party. The purpose of the event is to educate employees and their families about OSM and show users how to add elements of their neighborhood.|
|San Francisco, CA||August 9 2:00pm to 5pm||Mapbox SF, 149 9th St, 404, San Francisco||Contact Camille @fulgenteft to help with planning||Meetup Event|
|Tulsa OK||TBD||TBD||TBD, see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/code-for-tulsa/486tXzG4rGc|
|St. Louis||August 9 3:00pm - 5:00pm||Foam Coffee + Beer, 3359 S Jefferson Ave, St. Louis, MO||http://www.meetup.com/Open-Data-STL/events/199119882/|
|Add your city!|
What do I need to know to host an event?
- The rule is simple: anything you commit to OpenStreetMap, should contain the hashtag #mapathon in the comment.
- Use MapRoulette or the Battle Grid to jump start editing!
- Your event can be an outside surveying event or an inside editing event.
- Design your event friendly to newcomers, make sure there's someone there to explain to first timers the fundamentals of OpenStreetMap and show them the first steps of editing and surveying.
- The location should have fast internet and a place to sit for everyone. Remind attendees to bring a computer, mouse, and any other devices you'll need for your event.
- Collect name and email from attendees, keep them to yourself. This information is to send on a feedback survey and only for survey purposes.