Mapping Party/New Lanark
|New Lanark, Scotland|
|Latitude: 55.663, Longitude: -3.781|
|Browse New Lanark map 55° 39′ 47″ N, 3° 46′ 52″ W|
| External links:
|Use this template for your city|
The New Lanark map so far:
Woodland and 'Green Network' Mapping party
THIS EVENT IS FINISHED - SEE VIDEO OF OUR EDITS
Join us as we map the woods, parks, facilities and green spaces around New Lanark World Heritage site. Help create a free map, displaying the amazing natural assets of the Clyde Valley and New Lanark. We will teach you how to survey, edit and upload to OpenStreetMap website. We hope to create a map to showcase this spectacular area and help improve access and management in the future.
Mapping parties are events where anyone can come and participate in the OpenStreetMap project. OpenStreetMap is a free, open source map that can be contributed, edited and used by anyone, anywhere. Mapping parties are social events where experienced and new mappers can meet to share and learn more about the project. The event is open to all.
It's fun. It's free. You can help!
This map party is being sponsored by The Central Scotland Green Network Community Fund administered by Glasgow & Clyde Valley Green Network Partnership with a focus on mapping woodlands and access to green spaces. There will be a follow-up mapping workshop two weeks after the mapping party, where you can learn how to make custom maps and use the data we have collected.
More about Mapping parties
How to make customised maps based on openstreetmap data more info here. Electron Club, CCA, Glasgow. Saturday 17 March.
Can't wait to start mapping?
- When: Saturday March 3rd 2012 11:00-16:00
- Where: New Lanark Hotel, New Lanark
- Where: tel :
- User:Hawkeyes - Tim
- Phone: +44(o)-77-3499-six-five-one-four
- Email: fozy81 AT hotmail.com
- Event schedule:
- 11:00 Meet at the New Lanark Hotel - greetings and introductions
- 11:30 Survey the local woodlands, paths, road, transport etc
- 13:30 Lunch
- 14:15 More mapping
- 15:30 Editing, hacking and updating the map
- 16:00 Finish - go to bar to celebrate!
- If you own a GPS, smartphone, digital camera or laptop computer, please bring it along. If not, we will have equipment to loan.
- Weather: This event is rain or shine.
- RSVP: please let us know that you will join us by registering here:
New Lanark Hotel - detail to be confirmed
Mapping Party Suggestions
Please feel free to suggest locations for future mapping events.
- Callander Park (Falkirk).
- Moffat (and could also have a walk up the Gray mares tail).
- Leadhills and Wanlockhead and a walk up to map the top of Green Lowther.
- Beescraig country park(Bathgate).
- East Kilbride shopping centre and village.