Mapping party bucharest
|latitude: 44.43028, longitude: 26.10089|
|Browse map of Bucharest 44°25′49″ N, 26°06′03″ E|
|Use this template for your city|
Bucharest is a city in Bucharest at latitude 44°25′49″ North, longitude 26°06′03″ East.
Mapping parties are events where anyone can come and participate in the OpenStreetMap project. OpenStreetMap is a free, open source map that can be contributed, edited and used by anyone anywhere. Mapping parties are social events where experienced and new mappers can meet to share and learn more about the project. The events are generally held in a public place, and allow time for discussion, mapping and editing. The event is open to all.
It's fun. It's free. You can help.
More about Mapping parties
- When: Saturday and Sunday May 17-18th, 10am - 6pm
- Where: Active Watch - Calea Plevnei nr. 98, Bl 10C
Harta - 
- How: We have split in 3 teams, covering 3 areas. See Map > : 
Each team will take one area (Primaverii, Gara (zona garii) + Berzei, Zona Eroii Revolutiei – Constantin Brancoveanu) and will analyze the OSM map for that particular area deciding what are the mapping objectives for that particular area. 
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0754491049
- Event schedule:
- 10:00 Start - meet with all the other mappers and organize the teams. Meetup location: Active Watch - Calea Plevnei nr. 98, Bl 10C
- 11:00-12:00 : Training – how to use the apps, how to collect information, how to add on the map
- 12:00 : We hit the streets
- 17:00 : Map until 17:00 when we head back to the start location where we share the data, talk about the day
- 10:00-17:00 meet and start inserting data to OSM (optionally, map some more on the field)
- Software Needed:
- Mapillary : crowd-sourced version of Google Street View , there is special permission to derive data from the photos for contributing to OpenStreetMap.
- OSMtracker_(Android) : Offline GPS tracker with fast POI placement shortcuts. Exports in GPX format with waypoints, suitable for import in JOSM.
- Vespucci Vespucci is the first OpenStreetMap-Editor for Android and has been available and developed since 2009.
- If you own a GPS, GPS-equipped smart phone, or laptop computer, please bring it along. If not, we will have printed papers to give.
- Weather: We do not know yet
- RSVP: please let us know that you will join us by registering on here: https://www.facebook.com/events/560777397374381/
To be announced
- To add Housenumbers to the city map.
- To add more Points_of_interest to the city map, combined with accessibility for people with Disabilities , and opening_hours schedule
- Add Pedestrian crossing, check for one-way roads
Mapping Party Suggestions
Please feel free to suggest locations and goals for this mapping event as well as future events.