MassGis Layer Openspace
Open and Recreational Space
This about the OPENSPACE layer of the MassGIS datasets.
The definitive MassGIS Open and Recreational Space page has a pointer to the files one can download, and a table of the layer-specific fields.
Things which it would be useful to add in here:
- Mappings between the data fields ans OSM key/value pairs, as done for the MassGis_to_OSM_Attribute_Map EOT-OTP layer.
- Pointers to the way to use tools to do this conversion as maybe
There is a lot of metadata in this layer which does not obviously map onto the OSM key/value pairs.
- PUB_ACCESS: Based on: http://tagwatch.stoecker.eu/Europe/En/tags.html
- Y - Yes (open to public) -> access=yes
- N - No (not open to public) -> access=private
- L - Limited (membership only) -> access=restricted
- X - Unknown -> nothing
- PRIM_PURP: The primary purpose of the land.
- R - Recreation (activities are facility based) ->leisure=recreation_ground
- C - Conservation (activities are non-facility based) -> leisure=nature_reserve
- B - Recreation and Conservation -> landuse=conservation ; leisure=recreation_ground
- H - Historical/Cultural -> historic=yes
- A - Agriculture -> agricultural=yes; landuse=farm
- W - Water Supply Protection -> landuse=reservoir
- S - Scenic (official designation only) scenic=yes
- F - Flood Control -> landuse=land
- Q - Habitat protection -> landuse=conservation
- U - Site is underwater -> water=yes
- O - Other (explain)
- X - Unknown
- OWNER_TYPE: Mapped to the new Key:ownership attribute.
- LEV_PROT: Mapped to:
- P: perpetuity
- L: limited
- T: temporary
Usage: python polyshp2osm.py -s 10 -o 40000 -l osm/open open_4326.shp
Generated 43 files; manually de-duped using JOSM.
Uploading files using a wrapper around bulk_import: http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/import/bulk_import/
#!/bin/sh for i in $1/*.osm; do J=0; while [[ $J < '5' ]]; do J=$((J+1)) echo "$J: $i" perl bulk_upload.pl -u firstname.lastname@example.org -p password -a http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.5/ -i $i done done
Checked out bulk_import directory, checked out http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/perl_lib/ inside of it, and edited the path in bulk_impot 'use lib' line.
Typo in conversion code resulted in 'conservation_rganization', which will need to be fixed once the data is all uploaded.
- done, see http://openstreetmap.org/browse/way/29915557/history for example, code in http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/change_tags/
Typo in conversion code resulted in 'landuse=resevoir'.
- changed to 'reservoir' (in multiple changesets, sorry)
The following ways still contain the "resevoir" typo but are too large to edit without splitting first:
More short names fixed, at r13107
Names to fix:
- "Mary"S Cemetary" -- bad Python .title(), search for ' or " followed by S-then-space.
- "St Res"
- "Us Army"
- "C.C." (as in "Framingham C.C.", http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=42.2882&lon=-71.4728&zoom=14&layers=B000FTF)
- "F.C." (as in "Hop Brook F.C.", http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=42.30589&lon=-71.66713&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF)
- "Dlct" (as in "Snow Hill/Dlct", http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=42.2242&lon=-71.2806&zoom=14&layers=B000FTF)
- "Elem School"
- "Wldlf Refg"
- "Brd Prtct Area"
- Interested: User:TimBL
- Managing most of the grunt work: crschmidt
- Helping: cmarqu
- Watching with interest: Blackadder