Mechanical Edits/Math1985 mechanical/Dutch Shop Names 3
This edit was executed at 19 December 2015.
I am proposing to correct the spelling of some chain shops within the Netherlands.
- Bakkerij Bart (21) -> Bakker Bart (58) (the official website only mentions 'Bakker Bart')
- Dirk (23) -> Dirk van den Broek (29) ('Dirk' seems to be used as the abbreviation for 'Dirk van den Broek')
- Pearle Opticiens (13) -> Pearle (45) (most used alternative, the official website uses both versions)
- Albert Heijn TOGO (23) -> Albert Heijn to go (6) (following wording on shop fronts)
- AH to go (15) -> Albert Heijn to go (6) (following wording on new shop fronts)
- Prenatal (12) -> Prénatal (11) (misspelling)
- Perry Sport (11) / Perry (13) (recent change of name)
An overview of affected shops in the Netherlands can be found through Overpass Turbo: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/dey
Some chain stores are commonly misspelled. Removing the spelling mistakes improves data quality and makes life easier for data consumers.
I will take the following measurements to guarantee community support and minimize the risk of incorrect edits:
- I will follow, of course, the Automated Edits code of conduct.
- I have created the current page to document this automatic edit.
- I will discuss this edit at the 'users: Netherlands' forum (link).
- I will use JOSM combined with Overpass.
- I will download the data from Overpass, manually select the Netherlands only, and run the name="SHOPNAME" shop=* filter. Subsequently, I will change the name tag, and upload the data.
- I will do this edit in one changeset per shop, with tags "mechanical=yes" and "comment=OLDNAME -> NEWNAME - Use consistent name for chain stores in the Netherlands, see http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Mechanical_Edits/Math1985/Dutch_Shop_Names_3".
- This is expected to be a one-time edit. If the need arises for a new round of mass renaming, this will be discussed with the community again.
- I will allow users to opt-out. If users want me not to touch particular objects or areas, they can contact me in the forum or by e-mail.
Matthijs Melissen, email@example.com