Arrondissements Montreal import
Polygon data for the limits of the arrondissement is available on the donnees.ville.montreal.qc.ca site. There may be other data there to import but right now this page concerns only the polygon data.
The data is available in DXF and SHP formats. It also includes names. The coordinates system is SCoPQ (Système de coordonnées planes du Québec) fuseau 8 (?) and the geodesic datum is NAD 83.
10 meter resolution, according to the source.
So to be determined.
Something from Import/Shapefile probably...
Before the import, we need to:
call out to the Talk:Montreal page(done)
write the email@example.com mailing list(done)
- clear up licensing issues (in progress: contacted the city)
- determine the tag prefix and document below
- determine the source=* tag and document below
- wait for feedback from the community
- determine the software (Import/Shapefile in particular) to use and how to use it
- read and abid to the Automated Edits/Code of Conduct
During the import, we need to:
- use a dedicated user account
- Consider a Revert if things look wrong
- consider simplifying
Also update parent page (Import/Catalogue) when any progress is done here.
(Link to sample data imported on the test database.)
(Link to example data imported on the live database.)
(User name of the account performing the import, and other details of how the changesets will be tagged)
This page was made from Import/Guidelines#Document_your_import_on_the_wiki, there may be other guidelines there to keep in mind...
Also note that I have tried to map the "Plateau mont-royal" polygon by hand only with moderate success: Nominatim still doesn't see it as a polygon], although OSM does see it as a polygon (with the relation!). I am therefore worried of the complexity of this import. --TheAnarcat 01:53, 8 December 2011 (UTC)