Proposed features/More Parking Spaces
|More Parking Spaces|
|Status:||Draft (under way)|
|Definition:||There are more kinds of parking spaces than standard and disabled, this proposal addresses this problem!|
|RFC start:||Request For Comments, Not Set|
|Vote start:||Vote Date, Not Set|
|Vote end:||Vote Date, Not Set|
There are more kinds of parking spaces than standard and disabled. These keys shall be used with amenity=parking:
- capacity:standard=yes/no/number (use this instead of "capacity", which includes all other types)
- capacity:disabled=yes/no/number (This replaces the already established disabled_spaces=yes/no/number)
- capacity:parent=yes/no/number for parent(s) with children (near entrances of supermarkets)
- capacity:short=yes/no/number for "smart" cars
- capacity:long=yes/no/number for long cars or cars with trailers
- capacity:hgv=yes/no/number for heavy goods vehicles (long and wide)
- capacity:bus=yes/no/number for busses and coaches
- capacity:private=yes/no/number for private owners
about the replacement of disabled_spaces=yes/no/number
This shall be realized in several steps:
- this proposal gets approved
- a bot will add the new tag to all occurances of the old one, overtaking the value.
- the bot will also add a note text "The tag disabled_spaces is no longer used, please use capacity:disabled instead in the future. The old tag will probably be removed automatically after (date 6 months in the future)." This will give developers a reasonable time to change their applications.
- There will be another proposal 6 month later to delete the old tags with a bot, which will be checked with tagwatch and hopefully be approved.
How to map
Note: It is new that you can use amenity=parking on a way. This is already often used if you are parking along a highway.