From OpenStreetMap Wiki
September 2011 license changeover TODO list
1) DMCA - DONE
Game plan: firstname.lastname@example.org is live now
- filing has been sent to US Copyright Office. This satisfies formal requirements.
- copyright.gov details updated yet? Not yet: http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp/list/o_agents.html - http://www.copyright.gov/onlinesp/agents/o/openstfn.pdf
- Consolidated resource on take-down and DMCA now at http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/License/Takedown_procedure. Other pages can now refer to this. We can then add link to web-form just to this one page when it is ready.
- Takedown form is now up at: http://dmca.openstreetmap.org/ - DONE
- While asking the legally required questions the takedown form doesn't guide people towards giving object IDs or better yet changeset IDs which are far better for actually redacting information ...should it? well it's what we need to deal with any takedowns. we can investigate, but changesets are preferred, or references to a specific object. a reference to an area or a link to a tile that infringes may satisfy the DMCA requirements but is not going to make it easy or get it speedily dealt with
osm.org link to DMCA form?
2) Changeover guidance for data consumers - DONE
- Email key data distributor companies directly to make sure they know about diff changes - DONE
- New resource added: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ODbL/License_Transition/Guidance_To_Data_Consumers (Publicise via blog post?)
3) Preparation for various documentation changes (below) - DONE
- new version of http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright - DONE and pull request sent
- Richard W has offered to put together screenshots of acceptable attribution - does not need to be done before switchover
- Update MediaWiki:Copyrightwarning to separate database and wiki licences - DONE
4) Go live!
- New attribution within planet.osm -- Grant to do
- New directory layout and text changes at http://planet.osm.org -- Grant to do
- Deploy new /copyright page -- TomH to do
- Move/edit wiki pages within Special:WhatLinksHere/Template:Review_for_new_license -- RichardF to do
- Announce via blogs (OSMF/OGD), talk, social media -- RichardW to do
5) After license change is over
- Tile server updates?
- New attribution on iframe embeddable slippy map (export tab)
- Generate new processed_p coastline files