OHM/Historical Time Format
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Historical Time Format
As opposed to OSM mapping, the OHM makes heavy use of date information to determine at what time the actual feature was present.
- Key:historic is the primary means of identifying 'modern' (currently existing) objects that have an historic significance such as ruins. There are some temporal references within this tag:
- historic:period=old_kingdom that allows the specific feature to be related to an era, event, civilization.
- historic: lifecycle prefix can be prefixed to any key
- date namespace suffix can be added to any key such as name:1835-1965 = St Cakes Primary School
- OpenPastMap wanted to add a epoch that would detail the dates during which this feature existed.
- specifying history of an object through time: Comparison of life cycle concepts
Other open questions
- How should name changes over time be dealt with?
- OHM:PreviousObject / OHM:NextObject ?
- try date namespace
- How should changes in geometry (eg: borders) be dealt with?
- draw different geometries and apply date namespace to tags as appropriate
- How should movement be dealt with?
- Series of different ways, all with different time stamps?
- Should we suggest OHM:OSMObject as a means of linking historical features to their current OSM equivalent object?