From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|latitude: 52.67, longitude: -0.74|
|Browse Oakham map 52° 40′ 12″ N, 0° 44′ 24″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
Oakham is a town in rutland at latitude 52° 40′ 12″ North, longitude 0° 44′ 24″ West.
Still to do
- The road round the back of Somerfield is missing (between High Street, South Street and the railway line), and street names here are unlabelled.
- Gaol Street (from High Street/Church Street junction to South Street, fairly newly pedestrianised) is missing.
- The track out to Dog Kennel Cottage from the bypass is incomplete.
- The course of the Oakham Canal is worth mapping. Done all the way from Wharflands out to Langham's Burley road. Beyond Burley road it needs doing.
- Feedback from user paul on the Rutnet forum:
Cold Overton Road isn't marked. It's the straight-ish road that goses past the hospital & disused factories.
- Marked in OSM, label is cropped out of this image. Ojw 00:16, 24 October 2006 (BST)
The road you have marked as 'Braunston Road', where it joins Cold Overton Road, is actually 'West Road'. Braunston Road continues over a junction round to join Long Row and Derwent Drive.- Fixed
- OJW's waypoint 159, should mark "Clifton Court, off West Road" (Clifton Court is just a block of flats + garage, probably not marked on our map) so we can add that
- You could spell cemetery correctly.
Can anyone spot the areas in housing-estate road names?
Mark what you see:
- Buckingham road
- Holyrood Close
- Windsor Drive
- Sandringham Close
- Severn Close
- Shannon Way
- Welland Way
- Dove Close
- Tyne Road
- Trent Road (I used to live here ;) -- Richard )
- Forth Close
- Churchill Road
- Alexander Crescent
- Mountbatten Road
- Kennedy Close
- Browning Road
- Grampian Way
- Cheviot Close
- Alpine Close
- Ash Close
- Cedar Close
- The Beeches
- Orchard Close
- Hawthorn Drive
- Bramble Close
There's a whole estate of roads named after Birds.
- Cities in Alberta, Canada
- Edmonton Way
- Banff Close
- Camrose Close
- Lethbridge Close
- Jasper Road