OpenStreetMap 4th Anniversary Birthday party
This is a past event which took place on Saturday 2 August 2008
If you did some mapping on the way there, bare in mind though that the London Mapping marathon team will be attacking this area on Wednesday, so you should aim to get your data input quickly, to avoid wasted effort.
We made an early start this time, supposedly meeting at 3pm, although as usual it took us a while to convene in one part of the pub. In this case a sunny spot on the terrace outside the The Anchor pub, by the river (Map). The usual suspects were out in force, and we also welcomed some newcomers. We talked about maps and things, including the obligatory lengthy conversations about projections. Sitting right by the natural=coastline, we were able to test the assertion that GPS units don't measure altitude very accurately (It's true. They really don't)
An enjoyable evening (and afternoon). We didn't have a cake though.... Ja:OpenStreetMap 4th Anniversary Birthday party. Excellent!
Old organisational info
Tube Warning: the District and Circle lines are closed this weekend due to engineering works... visit TfL to try and plan your journey
From Waterloo - Come out of the station make your way towards the river. Walk east along the Thames walkway - this is a quite a nice walk.
From London Bridge - Just around the corner, but a bit confusing (take a map?) If you exit onto Borough High Street then you need to make your way past Southwark cathedral and then past the Golden Hinde boat.
From St-Pauls (central line) is a pleasant way to approach on foot. Walk round the cathedral and down over the millennium bridge. On the South bank turn leftwards (East) and walk along the river front past the globe theatre, under Southwark bridge, to the pub.
- Harry Wood
- Blackadder is unfortunately away. Hope you have a great anniversary party
- steve8 I'll be there from around 3-30 to 4pm (as have another party in the evening). If Jubilee Line is OK will go to Bermondsey and walk back naming as many streets as poss to South and West of Jamaica Road and Tooley Street.
- bleachin Can anyone tell me if I renewed my membership? Rhys, email me @ membership_at_osmfoundation.org with your last name and I will check Mike/ewmjc
- Martijn van Exel (If the OSM 4th Anniversary Birthday Hack Weekend is on)
- User:djanda David Janda - Back from Northern Cyprus!
- Henk Hoff (Is looking for a place to sleep [sat-sun])
- Simon Ward Should get there by 16:00, staying overnight at Express by Holiday Inn
- Alex Wilson
- Dan Rootham