Open Historical Map/Projects/Stockholm Census Districts
This project maps the census districts (rotar) of the city of Stockholm between 1878 and 1926. Most of the mapping has been done. Data should be linked. The districts are currently named with the addition of the years they had a certain extension. This should eventually be changed and on the whole, the project should be made to comply with whatever the standards are.
These districts where used to collect population data and those numbers are available in the sources listed below. Data is also available from Rotemansarkivet or Open Stockholm. Maybe some kind of mashup could be made?
- Stockholms mantalsnämnds protokoll 18 juni 1877 – The taxation board's protocolls where the original territories of the districts were defined. June 18 1877. Text.
- Stockholms mantalsnämnds protokoll 20 september 1877 – September 20 1877. Text.
- Stockholms mantalsnämnds protokoll 28 september 1877 – September 28 1877. Text.
- Open data Stockholm or Statistisk årsbok för Stockholm 1904–2006 – Historical maps and statistics from Stockholm. Text and maps.
- SCB BISOS A Befolkning – Census reports from Statistics Sweden 1851–1910. Text.
- Statistics Sweden, Population statistics 1911–2001 – Census reports from Statistics Sweden 1911–2001. Mostly text, some maps.
- Statistics Sweden, BISOS H, Överståthållaren – Stockholm's urban governor's quinquennial reports to Statistics Sweden 1856–1905. Text.