Proposed features/Connecting of routes
|Connecting of routes|
|Status:||Draft (under way)|
|Tagging:||e-road=A_link, AB_link, B_link|
|Definition:||creating relations for connecting routes (for example, European routes)|
We have some tags on ways and relations, which describe routes, for example, European routes (see WikiProject Europe/E-road network). The network has some gaps, which are caused by technical reasons. For example, there is Route 1, which goes to the City, or through the City, and there is Route 2, which formally goes trhough the City, but the road de-facto lies near the City at distance from the center of the City, for example, 10 kilometers. Appropriate European agreement contains only names of cities and towns, which are connected by e-roads - so if city or town belongs to different e-roads, such routes logically should have connection, but we can have gap between relations-routes, because appropriate roads - members of relations are close, but are not connected.
E-road network can be used, for example, for creating generalized map of whole Europe. If we get only roads, which are marked with int_ref=E ХХ and/or belongs to relations of European routes, the resulted map will be not fully united.
The text below is related to European routes, but the proposal can be extended to another networks.
It is proposed to connect European routes in situations, when the connection is obviously existed (there is a road of appropriate status, which connects European routes), by relations.
- network=e-road or network=e-road_link
- e-road=A_link, e-road=AB_link, e-road=B_link or e-road_link=A_link, e-road_link=AB_link, e-road_link=B_link
- from=<number of first European route>
- to=<number of second European route>
- type=route - this is a route
- route=road - this is a route for motorcars
- network=e-road - this is a cars' route, which is related to E-road network
- e-road=A_link or e-road_link=A_link - this is a connecting route between two European routes of class A (possible values: connection between two A-roads - A_link, connection between A-road and B-road - AB_link, connection between two B-roads - B_link)
- from and to - European routes, which are connected
- type = route
- route = road
- network = e-road
- e-road = A_link
- from = E 95
- to = E 105
European routes E 95 and E 105 logically should have connection, because E 95 starts in Saint Petersburg and E 105 goes through Saint Petersburg.