Proposed features/Dog training
|Status:||Proposed (under way)|
|Definition:||a place where you can train with a dog|
Already used ?
- I don't think this should be under the sport key. Perhaps amenity=dog_training or leisure=dog_training would be more appropriate. Socks 15:47, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
- It depends what sort of training - I do Agility, I don't think that's an amenity, it may be leisure, it's definitely sport. Look at Crufts, it's competitive - why would we not have this? --DrMark 21:52, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
- I'd go for amenity=dog training because it is the least specific description. Some of the dog training conducted in the area may not be sport, e.g. training of service dogs, guard dogs, sniffer dogs. --Pacman 20:26, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
- I think this should be leisure=animal_training with animal=dog, otherwise we will have this proposal again for horses etc. --Lulu-Ann 07:45, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- I agree with Lulu-Ann. And we can also specify type of training. --Wizz 08:06, 16 January 2011 (UTC)
- piratebab (talk) 18:13, 26 February 2015 (UTC): I think leisure sport is adapted to an important part of dog training center who practice activity like agility or IPO (it is really sport, for dog and handler!). amenity is more adapted for dog parks, oe pet training area. And for service dogs training center, something else must be proposed, it is a completely different activity
- The "sport" key is used to specify sports, it's obvious. So "dog_training" would not fit as a value since it's a general term for training. The use of the key "amenity" suits best IMO or maybe the key "leisure" but this would be too specific as some owners wouldn't maybe see this as a leisure, they just want to educate their animal. Also, as Lulu-Ann suggested in this case, i wouldn't use the name of an animal in the value, unless being unique, i'd rather use another tag to make the precision. In the end, i'd use on the element: amenity=animal_training along with animal=dog. --SHARCRASH, 14:00, 4 January 2016 (UTC).