|Rendered as:||like track|
See Also Wikipedia:Rest Area
Known as a lay-by, pullout, pulloff, turnout is an area on the side of the road for parking, usually temporarily. It may have facilities such as waste baskets or toilets.
Some lay-bys are really quite big: quite big enough to show up in a map on this scale. Often bits of old road can be included in this way, or turning loops; though one could argue separate proposals for these.
Please use the discussion page for comments.
Voting for highway=layby
- I approve of this proposal for use for all the types of layby. Ben. 03:02, 26 February 2007 (UTC)
- I approve with conditions of this proposal. The condition being that it is renamed to rest stop, a more easily understood term outside of the UK. CoreyBurger 00:49, 7 April 2007 (BST)
- I approve of this proposal, but only if both layby and rest_stop are accepted, as rest stop appears to be used in North America. Bruce89 01:01, 7 April 2007 (BST)
- I approve layby or rest_stop TomChance 08:53, 7 April 2007 (BST)
- Sorry for spoiling the fun, but it looks like you should pause the voting in order to define what can be voted for. To me, it looks like some details need to be discussed first. RalfZ 13:11, 7 April 2007 (BST)