Proposed features/More destination details
|more destination Details|
|Status:||Draft (under way)|
|Definition:||More subkeys for destination=*|
There are several proposed extensions to destination=* which are by decision of the author not covered by Proposed_features/Destination_details. This page gives room to document and develop them further. Users are invited edit below. If you have a new tag in mind, please discuss on Talk page.
Important: The scope of destination=* and it's subkeys is to support routing. A "photo-realistic" rendering of traffic signs, especially the geometry of entries on the sign - is not the scope of destination tags on ways.
destination subkey matching
First possibility: When destination subkeys (exception: destination:ref=*/destination:int_ref=*) are used, the values - including destination=* - are a semicolon-separated list of the same length. This allows to match the destinations and it's properties. The definition of destination:ref=*/destination:int_ref=* in this case needs further discussion.
Second possibility: Only the presence of a tag like destination:list=yes does allow the usage of semicolon-separated value lists. The values of the core keys are still backward-compatible given the interpreter can remove semicolons.
The difference and applications in respect to turn:lanes=* need to be considered
Both tags may stand on it's own, or may complement a textual destination. Deriving tagging rules for simple use and semicolon-separated list seems difficult without the usage of a modifier tag (like destination:list=yes).
Without usage of a modifier tag (like destination:list=yes) there are three possibilities to deal with this inconsistency:
- If a match between a single destination and a ref is needed use destination:to:ref=*.
- Change destination:ref=* separator to comma instead of semicolon.
- Change definition of destination:ref=* to semicolon-separated list if the other subkeys are used. Keep current definition if used alone. Use commas as separator if one destination has two or more refs.
- Change definition of destination:ref=* to semicolon-separated list if the other subkeys are used and the number of semicolon-separated values matches that of destination=*. Keep current definition if used alone. Use commas as separator if one destination has two or more refs.
With the usage of a special modifier tag (like destination:list=yes) the values should always be semicolon-separated like all other subkeys. Duplicate entries can be later removed by the interpreter.
- OsmLaneVisualizer - Rendering of lanes and signs with support for the tags of this proposal.
- CheckAutopista – Rendering and check of destination=*, destination:ref=*, destination:int_ref=* and destination:symbol=* for motorway exits.
- User:Jojo4u/destination_best_practices discusses the different properties of destination=* and destination:lanes=*